Monday, March 13, 2006

..I stop somewhere waiting for you...

'failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, missing me at one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you..' - walt whitman

long after the final scene of a kiss has faded from my mind, I know it will flicker back to that feeling..the one that sends tingles down my spine...whether provoked by an old romance flick such as "Pride and Prejudice" or simply by a glance held a few seconds longer than necessary...sigh I feel a bit silly typing this out, but whether my psychology notes were laid out to study or not, I think my thoughts would have been off in some other place...and so I write this now to sort myself out...I miss being romanced...true, because of a lack of a guy in my life I have been able to fall deeply in love with Jesus, and I would not trade that for the sincerest romance...but I must admit, I miss it...someone desiring my time, my friendship, my opinion, even just my presence...although I feel I have grown up alot since falling for Jesus...now I want a man who will challenge me to fall more deeply in love with Christ and at the same time show evidence that Christ is his 1st love...I want someone who will challenge me to step outside of myself and yet pull me back in when I most need it..someone who will put God before all that I want and who will push me to do the same...I could go on, but it feels a bit intimate to share on a blog....and plus mainly, the desire for Christ surpasses all other mentioned things...I'm not implying that I need anyone at this moment in time...sometimes it's just pleasant to daydream...rather girly of me, I suppose...all the same, whoever God has in store for me, I trust His timing is always better than mine....:grins:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dry your eyes mate...there's plenty more fish in the sea.
You could always date James.

the James said...

I apologize for Ben
He feels he needs to pimp me out. It is simply not true. I may be imcompetent when it comes to girls, but I have had some success in the past, so I maintain there is hope for me. As for you I am sure mr. right is close by. Oh and we do need to hang out sometime. I'll figure something out, I am so freakin busy, sorry.

Epiphany said...

I love this beth,
I searched some lines because I couldn't remember the whole poem, and your page came up! I'm so glad! I see that this was written years ago... I wish I could read more of your writing?

-y.