Wednesday, September 20, 2006

tucked away

I think my fav place to sit in tyndale is tucked away behind one of the giant curtains that drape the cafeteria windowsils...it's interesting how a piece of fabric can give one such a sense of privacy...and I suppose I may look a bit silly to anyone who notices--two mismatched socks sticking out from behind a giant leaf-patterned curtain, but I'm willing to sacrific silliness for comfort to be quite honest...I luv curling up with a good book in a windowseat--my Grandma and Pa Bill have a big one in their old farmhouse in England and the window looks out into my Grandma's garden..sigh I love it...and the room that the windowseat's in, usuallly is sporting a nice toasty fire....man I love fireplaces...they make room's seem much friendly in winter and people just a bit more cuddly and blankets just a little more inviting...sigh...I guess that's one good thing about winter...cuddling in front of a fireplace...and snow is pretty--I can't deny that...but the cold---ughh...it's funny the difference between my past 2 new years. 2005 I was at a concert dressed as a rock star, and the day after I was at the beach with a coconut and my best friend, sipping sparkling apple juice out of a tall green bottle. 2006 I was on a video scavenger hunt and then at 3ish in the morning I found myself tobogganing on a small slope with some friends and some cherry cigars....who knows what will happen this year...eager for a suprise...I suprised my boyfriend with a movie the other day, got all his close friends in as actors--it was amazing...discovered later on that day that I have a hidden passion for driving a bashed up car at full speed thru the woods at night, and pulling 360's in random fields...sigh...see now I'm cravin it...man it was exhilarating...wanna know a secret: I keep telling everyone I hate snowboarding but a tiny tiny part of me wants to learn more...cept I don't like letting ppl or myself down when I suck at stuff..but who knows...winter may find me secretly trudging up hills to bomb my way down until I get good enough to show someone...either that or I'll just resign myself to another scrapbooking rampage--those are fun...I got quite a bit accomplished this summer...memories--sigh...I love recording em...k I suppose I should end this random shpeel of thoughts...altho I quite enjoyed it...I'll be doing this again sometime...:grins:

No comments: