Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I'm hopeless, you can't help but grin.



I am in North Bay for an adventure!

But judging by the expression on the store owner's face when I asked where the mall was, there isn't much to see. Course I knew that from my last visit---but this time I'm here cuz Jay started school and I've still got a week off.. Naturally, I'll have a blast when he's around, but its the hours in between those times that it's up to me for an adventure. . hence the fact that it's been lacking thus far. . I've discovered I'm fine in an empty house I can entertain myself but when venturing out in Jay's car to any particular place I feel awfully lonely at the sight of all the other ppl milling around. . so anyways I shall be recording the events of the next three days, 1) to have something to do , 2)b/c somethings are funny to tell , 3)why not. .

Wed. :
- slept last night on a pull-out couch = no sleep
- hung out with Jay
- got a little tour of part of his school--the hangar was the sweetest part, with all these planes and helicopters Jay gets to work on. .makes me almost want to learn so I could fiddle around with stuff.. but i'm hopeless when it comes to technical stuff.
- left Jay at school and decided to go exploring> this is where the first plan failed. . didn't know where to go, ended up at Zellers figuring I'd just hang out there a bit and look at cards-- CARDS?!--what a loser. .that got boring quick so I went and asked directions to a mall...asked for them at least 3 times from the same person as my head didn't not seem to be processing anything.
- drove down some road then got scared that I'd end up on a highway --what?!--anyways chickened out and went back to the house
- got the bright idea to make cookies for the boys--WORST PLAN EVER. . Round 1 = a mass of frizzled chocolate and dough as it all spread out. .my mistake was in putting butter on the baking tray---before you judge, I remembered that from baking a cake once, sigh, clearly butter and cookies = a


sea of burnt mess..
- scooped it off and put it in a bag b/c I didn't know if the trash can under the sink really was a trash can or not, so now it looks like poo in a bag...no joke..
Round 2 = after calling my sister and affirming that the butter was the problem I scrubbed the stupid pan clean and tried again. = another mass of frizzled chocolate only this time it was 8 cookies involved rather than 6---WHY OH WHY WAS I SO CONFIDENT IN MYSELF--moral: never be confident in yourself when you know you shouldn't be. so I frantically oh yea, and then the bag of chocolate poo got stuck to the pan and melted so I had to peel that off.

sigh. so now that I have concluded that it is not the butter, I do not know what to do. therefore I have made a wise decision. NO COOKIES. they can eat the dough or figure out how to make them themselves. ai yi yi. what with the bag of choc-poo in their trash can and the kitchen towel that I've ruined I don't really know if cookie dough will be enough to make it up. sigh. I'm hopeless, you can't help but grin.

Thurs:
-the morning involved sleeping/making new posts on my blog
-the rest of the day was random stuff nothing particularly exciting
-but that night after waking Jay up, I gathered a group of daring adventurerers for a night escapade to a railroad graveyard. Jay and I had discovered it last August when I was up visiting but since I figured it would be a buttload more creepier at night so we decided to go in a group. turns out everyone forgot the whole point of being quiet since we were trespassing. man it was sweet tho. smashed up railroad cars flipped on their side and pieces of crazy stuff everywhere. When Jay and I 1st went, there had been a cable car that was right-side up and since the door was unlocked we walked thru and it was this sweet kitchen area with the glass all smashed up and cannon balls everywhere. in our night adventure, however, we found it ripped to bits and flipped on its side. dude it was creepy all these piles of broken pieces of train parts and who knew what kinda crazy person could be living here. on our August adventure we had climbed up onto one of the railroad cars and planned to show the group but we got split off from them and they went back a diff way so that plan flopped. I found that I'm mostly all talk about those sort of adventures. i mean, I was all eager to go but when I put myself in the midst of it my imagination totally starts playing tricks on me and I get all worried. but the night was sweet, I'd do it again anytime (provided Jay was with me) :grins: . despite sludging through thick mud and grime, it was a good adventure. groovy.

Friday:
- spent the morning napping, then the afternoon watching some random old movie on tv. Picked up Jay at 3:30 and before we went back home we decided to check out these waterfall trails that we went exploring at back in the summer. man it was crazy beautiful because there was so much snow mixed with ice, covering the rocks with bits of moss sticking out here and there. the waterfall itself was so fast, throwing itself off each edge but it was so beautiful.

All in all the week made for some good times. Can't complain. Had fun with my man as usual, an adventure here and there.
The End.

No comments: