Tuesday, May 09, 2006

validated

I was with one of my friends the other day and on several occasions found myself experiencing the desire to wrap my arms around him and tell him that he is amazing...not because of any attraction to him, but because I began to think about how many of my friends just don't know their good qualities because there is noone stepping out to invest that sense in them...I encourage you to go to God first and foremost for love because love originates from God and I don't think any one person can portray that kind of love..but it makes one think....I was with another friend and were just chatting and I said, "You know what you need?" "A girlfriend?" he said quite bitterly and I replied with something along the lines of a crazy road trip..but it got me thinking, we don't need someone of the opposite sex to validate us, it is not necessary to find comfort, but the thought of some girl stepping into this boy's life and fully appreciating him for who he was, was something I was really longing for him to have...not just him, but for a few of my friends...one of my close girlfriends thinks she is not beautiful, and I can't even comprehend why, because to me, she is gorgeous, both physically and spiritually...but my compliments seem to bounce off her...God created man and woman to be together and sometimes it is through someone else that He spills His love into us....I fell for Jesus, like fully in love with Him, and He was the first to make me feel worth something....I treasure that but I also take great joy in dating Jay and God has used him to convey a bundle of insecurities to me, and really it just feels great to be cared about in this way...I hope this post doesn't make the singles feel frustrated, but these thoughts have been running through my head and how God has specifically created other people to validate us, and what a beautiful thing it is...I really long for my friends to feel God's love first and then experience it vividly through another person...that is what I hope for you...

1 comment:

the James said...

I still haven't decided if you are talking about me at all, becuase that bitter comment is something I would more than likely say. Just wondering. It would be even nicer to be the other guy, but probably not...