Monday, April 17, 2006

diaries

"2am and I'm still awake writing a song,
if I get it all down on paper it's no longer inside of me,
threatening the life it belongs to.
and I feel like I'm naked in front of a crowd
cuz these words are my diaries screaming out loud,
and I know that you'll use them however you want to" (anna nalick)

"No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten" (Natasha Bedingfield)

...so basically these ladies have captured it, the essence of song writing I mean...a story that's dying to spill out, and you can feel it inside of you...kind of hard to explain really...maybe its like being pregnant..I wouldn't know..but that's what comes to mind...I dunno, its this feeling inside of you that's always been there I suppose, or maybe it was picked up through an experience of some sort, something that cries for a voice, a memory, a moment, and so what can you do but pick up a guitar and wait for it to slip out...sometimes..most times my lyrics stampede their way onto the paper, leaving the notes to frantically pick themselves up and my fingers to somehow pull them along in the same direction...sometimes we get lost in some back alley, my fingers and I but the lyrics are patient..after all they've been waiting for the right moment, the fingers and the notes deserve the same treatment...so in this jumble of confusion and song makes its way out, sometimes all the way...sometimes it signals that it's not quite ready to face the world, and that's fine, I used to be shy too...God's beginning to show His Glory through me, though the stage is still quite scary at times...man, it's exactly like Natasha says, you feel so vulnerable in front of a crowd because these words may hold so much weight for you but they really are just words and others can take them however they choose...but I must say I feel quite at peace with that because God is the one directing His listeners' hearts...groovy...God bless...keep writing...

1 comment:

the James said...

That's pretty sweet. I'd like to hear you sing sometime. Apparently you are good. I have nothing to go one however. That's all for now. Oh wait, I thought you were gonna write a blog about me cause you forgot my b-day!

P.S. May 2nd